How to prepare for the exam
- wait at least 5 days after menstruation ends
- wait at least 7 days from the end of any antibiotic therapy, both local therapy (creams, candles, ovules, and vaginal washes) and general ones (oral, intramuscolar, intravenous)
- avoid sexual intercourses during 24 hours before the exam
- the day of the exam, perform a regular hygiene of the external genitalia
- In the 3 days prior to the exam, do not use vaginal pessaries, creams or douches
The vulval swab may cause a small blood loss, which spontaneously regresses within 24h.
(If you have a doctor's recommendation, please bring it to the time of the examination)